Classified Ad Title:
Survey Party Chief
Survey Party Chief
Regular Full Time
Requisition ID: 1200
Matrix Design Group, Inc. is actively seeking a Survey Party Chief to join our team in our Denver office.
Well versed in using survey control datums, boundary monument recovery, topographic data collection and construction layout.
• Competent in using conventional survey equipment and GPS systems in the collection of data or the placement of construction control.
• Well versed in all field techniques related to boundary retracement, design support and construction surveying support.
• Responsible for clear, informative and accurate field notes.
• Manage the field crew effort’s to efficiently complete daily topographic, boundary and control surveys for design and construction surveys.
• Communicate with the client’s on-site representatives, when needed, to ensure satisfaction with work performed and the communication of his needs to the office support team.
• Report unique or potential construction difficulties to the office support team.
• Analyze survey maps, found monumentation and physical evidence required in the retracement of property lines.
• Ensures that field information is accurately collected and transferred to the office support team.
• Assist in the preparation of proposals through the analysis of the field effort required to support the potential project.
• Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Good mathematical skills required to support traditional survey analysis.
• Strong communication and relationship management skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and mange simultaneously occurring tasks and shifting priorities
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum of three (4) years of construction surveying experience as a Party Chief
• Experience with Trimble field equipment required
• Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR screening
• Ability to travel as the business necessitates
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The candidate applying for this position should be physically capable of performing all activities and functions normally associated with field surveying. This includes, but is not limited to, carrying survey equipment, using shovels/picks for survey monument excavation, using hammers/mauls to set control stakes or monument corners, using brushing tools to clear lines of sight and being prepared to work in the normal summer and winter environments of the Colorado front Range.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Matrix Design Group, Inc.