Classified Ad Title:
Senior Party Chief
A career at Galloway provides a unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. Our Full-Spectrum Approach™ to land development services offers all key design disciplines within one company, providing our team with a deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the development process. From survey to land planning, civil engineering and comprehensive architectural design, our team brings a multidisciplinary mindset to every project. We enjoy daily interaction and coordination among our internal teams, which allows us to build relationships and understand project approaches across disciplines.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within an office and a company that is committed to our employees’ success and career growth, values a team-oriented, collaborative, and supportive work environment, and is a Denver Post Top Workplace since 2018 (and counting!).
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation including cash bonuses, education assistance, and a complete package of benefits. We also believe in giving back to our community through numerous outreach events and volunteer activities.
About the Position
We are currently seeking a Senior Survey Party Chief to add to our team in Johnstown, CO. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled and passionate self-starter to work directly with local and national land development projects. The candidate will work in a highly collaborative interdisciplinary office environment.
The Survey Party Chief is responsible for conducting field survey activities that may include: construction layout, CDOT highway, topography in rugged terrain, control network, and as-built surveying on a wide variety of projects. Experience with laser scanning, survey grade GNSS/GPS, and robotic total station is desired. Field work may be performed throughout Colorado but will primarily be focused in and around Northern CO. Travel expenses are paid. This position will also require close coordination with Galloway survey staff nationwide.
* Upholds Galloway’s values and standards by understanding and responding to client needs while providing quality consulting services.
* Have a basic understanding and application of the following technical skills: Boundary surveys, Topographic Surveys, Land Survey Plats, Subdivision Plats, Construction Surveying, ALTA surveys, leveling, traversing, GPS, total stations, data collectors, computers, email, legal descriptions, plan interpretation, deeds and easements.
* Lead a survey field team performing boundary surveys, ALTA/NSPS surveys, topographic surveys and construction staking.
* Responsible for adjusting and operating surveying instruments and recording survey measurements and descriptive data.
* Collect information needed to carry out new surveys using source maps, previous survey data, photographs, computer records, and other relevant information.
* Firm understanding of the site construction process.
* Compile survey computations with applicable standards to determine adequacy of data.
* Compile information necessary to stake projects for construction, using engineering plans.
* Proficient in required safety procedures and practices.
* Assumes limited degree of judgment on performing routine aspects of survey assignments.
* Takes an active role in new business development by performing quality survey work to build strong relationships with existing clients.
* Willingness to travel for short periods
A minimum of a high school education or GED required
Seven-plus years of survey experience required.
* Possesses a basic understanding of the principles and practices of surveying.
* Possesses a basic understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and other survey related programs.
* Experience with Trimble Hardware and Software (GPS/GNSS, TSC3, Total Stations, Access and TBC) is desired is a plus.
* Experience with laser scanning instruments is a plus.
* Possesses high degree of understanding of the principles and practices of surveying.
* Experience with construction staking, CDOT projects, boundary surveys and topographic surveys.
* Ability to read plans and understand boundary and topography.
* Understands project schedules and budgets; is able to work efficiently within project guidelines.
* Communicates in a timely and effective manner within the team and with other disciplines working on the project.
* Conducts oneself consistently in a positive and professional manner.
* Ability to maintain a high-performance level in a fast-paced, accountable environment.
* Firm understanding of the site construction processes and procedures.
* Has a clear understanding of the use of alignments and templates.
* Experience with civil and transportation construction projects.
* Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing.
* Has the ability to work both independently and in a leadership capacity as part of a field team.
* Ability to take a pre-employment and on-going drug screen.
* Health Insurance (Two Plans to Choose From)
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Short and Long-Term Disability
* Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* Health Reimbursement Account
* Flex Spending Account
* 401(K) Plan
* Tuition Assistance
* Flex Work Schedule
* Wellness Program
* Cash Bonuses
* Paid Volunteer Hours