Classified Ad Title:
Professional Land Surveyor I
Are you looking for a challenge? Do you have a passion for helping people? Do you want to be a part of a diverse team that is committed to making the transportation system in Colorado safe and efficient? Then, the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) is the place for you!
We have an opening for a Professional Land Surveyor I position located in North Denver.
This position will ensure plans and legal descriptions comply with state statutes, department policy, and contract stipulations. Other primary functions require development and certification of right-of-way plans, by signing and stamping plans. This position also conducts project control, topographic and land boundary surveys, relating all coordinate information to geodetic coordinates using published control.
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform and oversee field surveying services from initial project scoping and control survey though final right-of-way (ROW) plans documentation;
• Plan and conduct survey work for the purpose of establishing horizontal and vertical control; obtaining detailed property boundary information which includes research of survey plats, field notes and other documents, correlation of ownership and field information and verification of deeds; collection of field data; and identifying topographical features related to CDOT construction projects;
• Certify with professional seal all work performed under position's responsible charge;
• Record monument records for Public Land Survey System (PLSS) monuments with the State of Colorado Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors;
• Prepare Project Control Diagrams for horizontal and vertical control points established and Land Survey Control Diagrams for land survey monuments recovered under responsible change;
• Perform and manage office surveying services from initial project scoping though final ROW plans filing with County Surveyor;
• Create and certify ROW plans and property descriptions for property to be acquired for highway purposes, according to Colorado statute law and the CDOT policies;
• Compare written property and land survey records to physical surveys of property corners, control corners and topographical features and analyze these data to produce a mathematically and graphically correct model of property ownership;
• Compose legally correct descriptions for deeds of the properties to be acquired.
• Oversee control surveys using Global Positioning System (GPS), Total Stations, and Differential levels;
• Utilize MicroStation and InRoads civil engineering design CAD software;
• Represent the unit in meetings with specialty units, consultants, local agencies, and other stakeholders;
• Other job duties as assigned.
• Primarily 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM work hours, Monday-Friday
• Approximately 40% spent in the field, 60% spent in the office
• Travel required during work hours throughout the Metro Denver and Front Range
• Occasional overnight travel 1-3 times a year throughout Colorado
• Required to perform field investigations over variable terrain, in all weather conditions, and to work in proximity to heavy traffic
• Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs
• Required to operate CDOT vehicles
We Offer the following:
CDOT offers a variety of benefits which include:
• Annual leave (accrued based on years of service, starting at 8 hours a month)
• Sick leave accrued at 6.66 hours a month
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Medical and dental plans with no cost preventative services
• State paid Life Insurance with optional additional life insurance
• State paid Short Term Disability coverage, with optional long term disability plan
• Participation in PERA with 2 retirement plan options, and voluntary PERA 401K and 457 plans
• Credit Union membership
• Work life programs
• State Employee Assistance programs at no cost
• Tuition and certification reimbursement program
• Access to a diverse array of technical, leadership, supervisory and specialty training across the state, in addition to personal development and productivity learning opportunities
• State employee discount programs
• Free RTD EcoPass
Please apply online at the website below.