Classified Ad Title:
Survey Party Chief #21-0003
Posting Close Date
Jan 21, 2021
$24.81/hourly (min.) - $32.02/hourly (mid.)
Division - Engineering
Location of Position
Administration - Ops Complex-Bldg. A
Education and Experience
• Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field preferred.
• Minimum 4 years of related work experience and 1 year supervisory experience.
• Any equivalent combination of certifications, education, or experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities for the position.
Licenses, Registration, and Certifications
• Land Survey Intern License. Certification as a Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT) is required.
• Must be able to possess and maintain a valid Class 'R' Colorado driver's license and have a satisfactory driving record.
• The employee will be required to operate vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating of 10,001-26,000 pounds -- only applies to the Survey Sr. Tech who is responsible to pull the trailer.
Survey Supervisor is responsible for leading and performing complex technical survey work in the office or in the field in support of engineering and construction projects, or to locate, monument, and map property boundaries.
This position has formal supervisory responsibilities over other employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise the work of survey personnel in obtaining and adjusting horizontal and vertical measurements used for designing and locating pipelines, canals, tunnels, dams, reservoirs, and buildings.
• Perform field survey assignments following survey principles, practices, rules and regulations of the surveying profession.
• Perform public record and field condition research. Investigate property and asset ownership, existing survey records/evidence, and existing job site conditions.
• Prepare detailed real estate, right-of-way and license maps, and legal descriptions which are made a permanent part of legal documents.
• Calculate survey closures, areas, earth quantities, section breakdowns, reservoir capacities, and maintain records.
• Supply field crews with necessary data uploads to fulfill survey work requests. Ensure that field crews follow safety standards in traffic control, confined space, and construction sites.
• Interpret contract specifications and makes cost estimates. Inspect construction projects during and after construction. Check items such as grades, areas, and services.
• Ability to work out of town for extended periods of time.
• Assist in the maintenance of safety standards particularly in areas of traffic control.
• Perform related work as required.
About Denver Water
Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received. Denver Water reserves the right to either close or extend a posting.
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.4 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited on all Denver Water property.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, a 401K Plan with 3% match, a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and Paid Time Off. A background check will be conducted to verify the information submitted on the application. Please be sure that all information on the application is correct and complete, do not say "see resume". If the application is not fully completed, we (Denver Water), will not accept your application.
An offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of a post-offer drug test. For a position of this type, Denver Water tests for the following: amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana (THC), opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), and alcohol.
A strength test will also be conducted due to the physical requirements of the position.
Denver Water is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, military status, or marital status in making employment or business decisions. It also prohibits sexual harassment in the workplace or in its dealings with the public. The organization encourages and welcomes diversity of backgrounds in its workforce. Denver Water complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA).
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO. 80204-3412
1600 W. 12th Ave.