Classified Ad Title:
Senior Survey Project Manager
A career at Galloway provides a unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. Our Full-Spectrum Approach™ to land development services offers all key design disciplines within one company, providing our team with a deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the development process. From survey to land planning, civil engineering, and comprehensive architectural design, our team brings a multidisciplinary mindset to every project. We enjoy daily interaction and coordination among our internal teams, which allows us to build relationships and understand project approaches across disciplines.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within an office and a company that is committed to our employees’ success and career growth, values a team-oriented, collaborative, and supportive work environment, and is a Denver Post Top Workplace since 2018 (and counting!).
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation including cash bonuses, education assistance, and a complete package of benefits. We also believe in giving back to our community through numerous outreach events and volunteer activities.
About the Position
We are currently seeking a Senior Survey Project Manager to lead and grow our team in Denver, CO. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled and passionate self-starter to work directly with local and national land development projects. The candidate will work in a highly collaborative interdisciplinary office environment.
The Senior Survey Project Manager leads a survey team in the collection, processing, and verification of survey data, preparation of survey drawings, as-builts, and construction stakeout deliverables. Oversees the development of subdivision plats, records of Survey and LSP’s, and client invoicing. This position is also responsible for developing survey opportunities for outside clients and requires close coordination with Galloway's internal clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for following Galloway Standards and State Statutes on all surveys and while conducting business on Galloway’s behalf.
• Responsible for all work products prepared and delivered from the office under their leadership, both internally and externally.
• Develops and maintains relationships with all clients.
• Responsible for business development with both external and internal clients.
• Responsible for billing and the financial health of survey projects led by their office.
• Responsible for writing survey proposals for their office.
• Takes an active role in hiring, coaching, mentoring, and delegating responsibility to less-senior level staff; provides daily “on-the-job” training for team members.
• Directs staff in creating property boundaries and easements for commercial, retail and mixed-use sites, subdivisions of all kinds, utilities, roads, and other right of ways and easements
• Directs staff in the collection and processing of 3-dimensional field data.
• Takes an active role in and directs staff in the preparation of survey documents and computations associated with boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, topographical surveys, etc.
• Research project information.
• Review and evaluate survey field notes with survey staff.
• Prepare and oversee the survey drawings and descriptions utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or other related software packages as directed.
• Provide construction-related services including preparing proposals and construction plan interpretation, directing staff in computing alignments, profiles, and point data to be used in construction layout
Minimum of high school or technical school training with courses in survey technology, or equivalent experience. A PLS certification required.
• Strong communicator while working within a team environment.
• Minimum of ten years of survey experience required with five years of management experience.
• Willingness to travel for short periods.
• Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing.
• Possesses a working knowledge of land surveying and equipment use.
• Possesses a high degree of understanding of the principles and practices of surveying.
• Possesses a high degree of understanding of easements and related research.
• Possesses a solid understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and other survey-related programs including TBC.
• Ability to read plans and understand boundaries and topography.
• Understands project schedules and budgets; is able to work efficiently within project guidelines.
• Communicates in a timely and effective manner within the team and with other disciplines working on the project.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects.
• Willingness to mentor staff.
• Proven track record with business development.
Galloway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to take a pre-employment drug screen.
The estimated starting salary pay range for this role is $110,000-$120,000
• Health Insurance (Two Plans to Choose From)
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability
• Life Insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Health Reimbursement Account
• Flex Spending Account
• 401(K) Plan
• Tuition Assistance
• Flex Work Schedule
• Wellness Program
• Cash Bonuses
• Paid Volunteer Hours
For more information about Galloway & Company, Inc., visit us at www.gallowayus.com.
Galloway & Co.