Classified Ad Title:
Party Chief - Civil Surveying
Job Category: Field
Requisition Number: PARTY01070
Plan, organize, and direct work of one survey party engaged in land surveying to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, and areas to be used in the production of the final survey product.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Organize crew manpower and resources to perform assigned survey tasks quickly and efficiently
• Manage daily work assignments/tasks of the assigned field crew, including use of equipment, preparation of sketches and notes, and electronic data collection
• Ensure field survey activities are performed in accordance with standards set by the company and industry standards of practice
• Ensure crew’s adherence to all safety procedures and use of all required personal protective equipment
• Daily communication with Field Supervisor and/or Project Manager managing the field survey operations on which the Party Chief is working
• Conduct daily data collector downloading
• Prepare daily time sheets, data logs, and expense reports
• Mentor and train Rod Person/Instrument Tech on daily tasks as needed
• Drive vehicle to and from job sites and company premises when needed
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Excellent leadership skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Good analytical skills
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Party Chief
Preferred Education and Experience
• Proficiency with use of all required survey equipment
• Experience and understanding of CDOT procedures
• Understanding of and proficiency with mid-level math skills
• Knowledge of proper retracement of land boundaries
• Introductory knowledge of Trimble Business Center software
• Familiarity with state plane coordinates systems and geodetic calculations
• Solid documentation skills (field notes and sketches)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Pay: $25.00 - $32.00
Work Authorization/Security Clearance: Must be authorized to work in the United States.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, dealing effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk and talk or hear. Specific vis2ion abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, hike up and down steep slopes carrying up to 50 pounds of survey equipment, bend, squat, dig monument holes, pound in stakes and rebar monuments, carry and use brush cutting equipment, drive a four-wheeler or snowmobile, climb stairs, sit for extended periods of time, work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, type/key-in data, and answer telephones frequently as needed.
Mental Demands: The following mental demands are required to perform the essential functions of this job: concentrate, conceptualize, cooperative work with others/teamwork, detailed work, frequent task changes, irregular schedule as needed, learn new tasks, interruptive /distractive environment, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, reasoning, problem-solving, time pressures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Other hours and days may be necessary to meet the objectives of the position.
Travel: Travel is required
AAP/EEO Statement: Topographic, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Topographic Land Surveyors