Classified Ad Title:
Project Surveyor/Field Technician
Looking for a motivated self-starter to help a small start-up grow. Candidate must be willing to learn on the job in the office and the field. Duties will include field data collection, downloading and processing data, performing quality control review of survey data, preparing plots, drawings and stakeout files for public and private projects. Role may include civil engineering design as business grows.
Qualified candidate will work under the immediate supervision and direction of the Principal Surveyor to perform fieldwork tasks related to boundaries, construction and mapping requirements of survey projects. Required to assist with uploading/downloading data and maintaining related records. Candidate will be responsible for technical performance on small projects and/or designated tasks on large projects. Work will require application of standard surveying techniques and procedures.
Salary range is $30-$35/hr and it is a full benefits position (Health/Vision/Dental, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Simple IRA Retirement Plan and Tuition Reimbursement). We offer 9 paid holidays and this position would likely include 10 days of PTO.
• Degree in Engineering, Surveying or related field preferred
• Land Surveyor Intern (LSI) is preferred
• Valid driver’s license required
• Ability to travel when necessary
• Knowledge and experience using Trimble office products and Trimble field equipment is preferred
• AutoCAD, Civil 3D and/or MicroStation/Inroads experience is preferred
Qualified candidate will work on preparing Boundary Surveys, Topographic Surveys, ALTA Surveys, and Construction Layout. Duties include performing deed research, deed plotting and map checks. Candidate will review and understand local and state ordinances.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist Party Chief with day to day operations
• Operate robotic GPS, total stations, and data collectors
• Maintain a safe work environment, protect, and maintain the equipment/vehicles, accurately collect field data, and locate features.
• Set stakes and iron rods, cut and clear brush, trees, etc.
• Adhere to all company policies and maintain a valid driving license.
• Research property ownership for deeds, plats, easements, dedications, and other documents at local County Recorder offices and online.
• Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
• Establish horizontal and vertical control.
• Determine Northings and Eastings of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
• Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features. Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures.
• Identify inconsistencies and potential difficulties and make recommendations for mitigating measures
• Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features. Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
• Request information from title companies, highway departments, municipalities, etc. that relate to property being surveyed and adding information to CAD drawing.
• Assemble field packets for field work, check and breakdown field notes and coordinate information & questions with Principal Surveyor.
• Preparation of Construction, Subdivision, ALTA, Boundary, Topographic, and Special Surveys, Legal Descriptions and Surveying Exhibits.
• Manage CAD generated surface models and generate accurate contours, cross sections, and profile drawings for engineering design.
• Perform field work as needed.
Provide Cover Letter and Resume to Amara Hildebrand at email@example.com