Classified Ad Title:
Survey Party Chief
Matrix Design Group, Inc. an employee-owned engineering, planning and environmental consulting firm is looking for a Survey Party Chief to join our growing team. This position may be based in either our Colorado Springs or Denver office and will support projects out of both offices. Matrix offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401k plan; medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; as well as opportunities for training, development, and tuition assistance.
Well versed in using survey control datums, boundary monument recovery, topographic data collection and construction layout.
• Competent in using conventional survey equipment and GPS systems in the collection of data or the placement of construction control.
• Well versed in all field techniques related to boundary retracement, design support and construction surveying support.
• Responsible for clear, informative, and accurate field notes.
• Manage the field crew efforts to efficiently complete daily topographic, boundary and control surveys for design and construction surveys.
• Communicate with the client’s on-site representatives, when needed, to ensure satisfaction with work performed and the communication of his needs to the office support team.
• Report unique or potential construction difficulties to the office support team.
• Analyze survey maps, found monumentation and physical evidence required in the retracement of property lines.
• Ensure field information is accurately collected and transferred to the office support team.
• Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Good mathematical skills required to support traditional survey analysis.
• Strong communication and relationship management skills.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage simultaneously occurring tasks and shifting priorities.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum of three (3) years of construction surveying experience as a Party Chief.
• Experience with Trimble field equipment required.
• Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR screening
• Ability to travel as the business necessitates.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
$25-$40 per hour, plus participation in discretionary bonus program after six months of employment.
The expected salary range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual qualifications, experience, and location.
The candidate applying for this position should be physically capable of performing all activities and functions normally associated with field surveying. This includes, but is not limited to, carrying survey equipment, using shovels/picks for survey monument excavation, using hammers/mauls to set control stakes or monument corners, using brushing tools to clear lines of sight, and being prepared to work in the normal summer and winter environments of the Colorado front Range.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Matrix Design Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Matrix Design Group