Classified Ad Title:
Job Category: Drafting
Requisition Number: SURVE01128
o Posted: July 8, 2021
Showing 1 location
Lakewood, CO 80228, USA
As a Survey Technician, you will work under direct supervision to support a Survey Project Manager or LS for challenging projects working on multi-disciplinary projects that vary in scale, scope, and location.
• Perform survey related research using inline resources or physical country records
• Compile Working Sketches and scope of work field for field crews
• Process field data including topography, traverse closures, GPS, level loops, etc.
• Prepare Property Description of surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other documents
• Prepare, exhibits for Topographic & Boundary Surveys, Subdivision Plats, Easement Exibiths & Descriptions, Control Diagrams, ROW Plans, etc.
• Research municipal requirements for subdivision submittals, and prepare all necessary information and documentation
• Coordinate with PM for submittals, meetings, etc.
• Assist field personnel when needed in the field for surveys
• Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil3D, InRoads, Microstation, CDOT TMOSS Coding System, CDOT Workspace in Microstation and Trimble Business Center
• Comprehensive knowledge of ROW Plans, Control Diagrams, ALTA / NSPS Land Title Surveys, Boundary Surveys, Topographic Surveys, Easements and general plat preparation is required
• Proficiency in Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Solid understanding of coordinate systems and datums
• Must be able to adapt and perform in a fast-paced environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
Pay Range: $24.00 - $28.00
• Excellent leadership skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Good analytical skills
Required Education and Experience
• Associates or Technical Two-year degree is preferred
• Pursuit of LSI or have LSI preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. Some work might be performed outdoors while standing.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, dealing effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, hike up and down steep slopes carrying up to 50 pounds of survey equipment, bend, squat, dig monument holes, pound in stakes and rebar monuments, carry and use brush cutting equipment, drive a four-wheeler or snowmobile, climb stairs, sit for extended periods of time, work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, type/key-in data, and answer telephones frequently as needed.
Mental Demands: The following mental demands are required to perform the essential functions of this job: concentrate, conceptualize, cooperative work with others/teamwork, detailed work, frequent task changes, irregular schedule as needed, learn new tasks, interruptive /distractive environment, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, reasoning, problem-solving, time pressures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Other hours and days may be necessary to meet the objectives of the position.
Drug-Free Workplace: This position is subject to initial and random Drug and Alcohol programs as directed by Company Policy. This position is subject to a DOT drug test.
Travel: Local travel
E-Verify: This employer participates in E-Verify
AAP/EEO Statement: Topographic, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Promotion From: Drafter, and/or Party Chief
Promotion To: Project Manager/PLS