Classified Ad Title:
Survey Crew Chief
Come and grow your career with us! R&R is an award-winning civil engineering/surveying company headquartered in Denver for over 34-years.
At R&R, we have immediate opportunities for motivated engineering professionals that are interested in being part of a growing, innovative, and energetic team working on a diverse range of project types including residential, commercial, large mixed use, energy, hospitality, healthcare, education, and municipal projects.
About This Job
R&R is seeking a skilled and reliable candidate to add to our survey department. Our extensive range of experience includes residential, commercial, large mixed use, energy, hospitality, healthcare, education, and municipal projects.
The Survey Crew Chief is responsible for the proper collection of field data for various types of surveys R&R performs. They are also responsible for the layout of construction sites based upon the calculations provided, verified to the current plan set. Each Survey Crew Chief should be building and maintaining good working relationships with the other consultants on site. Crew Chiefs are also required to mentor and teach our survey rodman and instrument operators. Good communication skills will help you be successful in your position.
• Provide field layout for construction purposes
• Collect necessary field data to process ALTAs, boundary and design surveys
• Ability to use line coding systems
• Review construction plans and provide accurate calculations
• Proficient with Surveying equipment and software - Trimble preference
• Communicate with team members and interface with clients
• Clean driving record AND valid driver’s license
• Able to perform well under pressure
• Communication is part of the job - the better you are at it, the more successful you will be
• Attention to detail will help prevent re-work of jobs and allow you to feel great about your work
• Land Surveyors Intern (preferred)
• Walking, kneeling, squatting and frequently lifting of up to 40 pounds
• Ability to withstand all weather conditions and temperatures. We live in Colorado, so be prepared for all the elements (sometimes all in the same day!).
Job type: Full-time
Pay: $23 - $38 per hour
• Dependable (we expect our employees to be committed to coming to work every day)
• Results Oriented (follow through on commitments and deadlines)
• Personal Accountability (we like to see you take pride in a job well done)
• Passionate about providing the highest level of communication and client services (we are passionate about YOU as well)
R&R believes in employee development in addition to not losing sight of maintaining a healthy work life balance that includes a culture of fun along with hard work. We encourage a collaborative environment. We offer competitive pay and a complete benefits package.
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Parental leave
• Professional development assistance
• Referral program
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance