Classified Ad Title:
Survey Party Chief
Matrix has been named by The Gazette as a 2021 Colorado Springs Best Workplace!
About Matrix: Matrix Design Group, Inc., an employee-owned planning, engineering and environmental consulting firm is actively seeking a Survey Party Chief in our Colorado Springs office. As an employee-owned company we are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, respect and excellence.
Our strengths of service, innovation, and skill are a result of that belief. We have a friendly, collegial, cooperative atmosphere and offer a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; holiday, vacation and sick leave; training and education; 401(k) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Matrix employees are encouraged to participate in employee wellness programs, social committees and community outreach programs. We strive to employ highly motivated people with excellent communication and applied problem-solving skills who desire to advance their talents and skills.
Compensation: $25.00 To $40.00 Hourly, Compensation will be dependent upon experience.
Well versed in using survey control datums, boundary monument recovery, topographic data collection and construction layout.
• Competent in using conventional survey equipment and GPS systems in the collection of data or the placement of construction control.
• Well versed in all field techniques related to boundary retracement, design support and construction surveying support.
• Responsible for clear, informative, and accurate field notes.
• Manage the field crew efforts to efficiently complete daily topographic, boundary and control surveys for design and construction surveys.
• Communicate with the client’s on-site representatives, when needed, to ensure satisfaction with work performed and the communication of his needs to the office support team.
• Report unique or potential construction difficulties to the office support team.
• Analyze survey maps, found monumentation and physical evidence required in the retracement of property lines.
• Ensure field information is accurately collected and transferred to the office support team.
• Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Good mathematical skills required to support traditional survey analysis.
• Strong communication and relationship management skills.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage simultaneously occurring tasks and shifting priorities.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum of three (3) years of construction surveying experience as a Party Chief.
• Experience with Trimble field equipment required.
• Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR screening
• Ability to travel as the business necessitates.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Matrix Design Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
The expected salary range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at http://www.matrixdesigngroup.com/careers
Matrix Design Group