Classified Ad Title:
Senior Project Surveyor
Matrix has been named by The Gazette as a 2021 Colorado Springs Best Workplace! ( specific to CO)
About Matrix: Matrix Design Group, Inc., an employee-owned planning, engineering and environmental consulting firm is actively seeking a Senior Project Surveyor in our Colorado Springs office. As an employee-owned company we are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, respect and excellence.
Our strengths of service, innovation, and skill are a result of that belief. We have a friendly, collegial, cooperative atmosphere and offer a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; holiday, vacation and sick leave; training and education; 401(k) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Matrix employees are encouraged to participate in employee wellness programs, social committees and community outreach programs. We strive to employ highly motivated people with excellent communication and applied problem-solving skills who desire to advance their talents and skills.
Pay Range: $37.00 to $50.00 Hourly. Pay will be dependent upon experience.
This position will require the survey professional to prepare and/or oversee the preparation of survey deliverables, coordinate with clients and related design professionals as well as oversee the efforts of team members. Responsible for processing and verification of survey data, preparation of survey drawings, as-builts and construction stakeout deliverables, as well as creating design support surveys, topographic maps, subdivision plats, land survey plats and ALTA Land Title Surveys.
• Research information required to carry out new surveys using source maps, previous survey data, photographs, computer records, and other relevant information.
• Responsible for analyzing property boundaries for roads, pipeline, facility sites, and other right of ways and easements.
• Compile survey computations with applicable standards to determine adequacy of data.
• Analyze/process field information required to create topographic/design support surveys.
• Compile information necessary to stake projects for construction, using engineering plans.
• Prepare proposals for various survey efforts as well as manage project budgets and schedules.
• Analyze field information related to boundary retracement, design support and construction surveying support.
• Experienced in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center and Microsoft Office
• Accomplished ability to read plans and understand boundary topography
• Complete knowledge of land surveying and equipment use.
• Complete knowledge of ALTA surveys, boundary analysis, topographic surveys, preparation of easement documents, legal descriptions, final plat preparation, and construction staking
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills and self-motivator
• Ability to take direction, work independently and with a team and work independently
Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate or graduate degree from accredited program in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Urban Design and/or Planning.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum of twelve (12) years of surveying experience
• Professional Land Surveyor Licensure
• Accomplished with Trimble field equipment preferred
• Experience with Trimble Business Center
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Matrix Design Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
The expected salary range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. (specific to CO) The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location.
Any applicant with a qualifying physical or mental disability who believes s/he requires a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact us at 719-575-0100 for assistance.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at http://www.matrixdesigngroup.com/careers
Matrix Design Group