Classified Ad Title:
Professional Land Surveyor I (3 Positions)
About the Position:
The Professional Land Surveyor I is In “responsible charge” of the creation of plans (drawings) showing State Highway ROW, boundaries and dimensions of property parcels and easements. The position creates legal descriptions and calculates the area of parcels and easements to be acquired or sold and provides plans and information regarding State Highway ROW to Department of Transportation employees and the public.
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform field surveys to determine location of ROW and other land boundaries.
• Evaluate survey field notes, evidence and researched information by using mathematics, computer software and knowledge of laws pertaining to land surveying.
• Restore and upgrade land survey corners to State and Federal standards.
• Prepare, stamp, and file plats, monument records, documents as required by State Law, and setting of final ROW monumentation.
• Create ROW plans by drawing, labeling and annotating ROW lines, property lines, highway centerlines, topography and other features using a computer aided drafting package.
• Calculate areas of land parcels and easements to be acquired or sold using mathematics and computer software.
• Create legal descriptions of those parcels and easements from research and computations.
• Stamp and sign ROW plans as required by State Law.
• Gather information about location and ownership of existing State Highway ROW and adjoining property by researching survey plats, ROW plans, county records, title commitments and field notes of governmental agencies.
• Provide ROW plans and information to CDOT employees and the public.
• Train field crews in the use of surveying equipment and proper techniques for collecting and analyzing data.
• Provide guidance and oversight of less experienced team members to teach proper survey methods and assist them with applying state laws to all facets of the ROW plan process.
• Abide by all safety regulations, policies, and procedures and wear all required personal protective equipment.
• Attend and complete all required safety training.
• Other job duties as assigned.
• Current, valid licensure as a Professional Land Surveyor from the Colorado State Board of Licensure for Architects, Professional Engineers, and Professional Land Surveyors
• Paid Leave (Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays)
• Medical and dental plans
• State paid life insurance
• Choice of 2 retirement plans
• 401K and 457 plans
• State paid Short Term Disability coverage
• Credit Union Membership
• Work life programs
• Tuition reimbursement programs
$2,448.00 - $3,116.77 Biweekly; $5304 – $6753 monthly
View the complete job description and apply at: