Classified Ad Title:
Land Surveying Positions
The United States Forest Service is advertising numerous position across Colorado, and other States within the Rocky Mountain Region as part of a National Hiring Event. This is an exciting opportunity to apply for Federal Land Surveyor positions across Colorado and to work on some of the most spectacular landscape in the Country!
We are targeting ladder positions to build capacity and address successional planning. The target Land Surveying positions are graded at GS-5/7/9/11 and GS-11/12 with a salary range of $31,000 to $113, 000 depending on position and location. They are all permanent, full-time, year round positions which enjoy the many benefits of a Federal Government position.
Land Surveyor teams will be assigned to offices at the following locations:
2. Glenwood Springs
3. Fort Collins
Vacancy Announcement Dates:
Open Date: 08/05/2022
Close Date: 08/15/2022
Example of Duties:
Duties listed are at the full performance GS-09 level.
• Assembles all survey project data and performs the necessary mathematical computations involved in traverse closure, azimuth determination, state plane coordinate transformation, section subdivision, route alignment, and location.
• Prepares preliminary and final survey plats, drawings, reports, legal records, and title descriptions for review and approval by a registered land surveyor.
• Serves as a contract inspector ensuring compliance with contract specifications on survey projects contracted with private surveying firms.
• Provides technical guidance and training to Forest survey personnel performing cadastral, geodetic, rights-of-way, and engineering surveys.
• Is responsible for maintenance, calibration, and adjustment of precision surveying instruments and related equipment
Duties listed below are at the full performance level GS-12.
• Provides leadership and direction for the Forest Lands Survey Program on multiple Forests, including providing necessary support for related recreation, timber, engineering, lands and other resource staff programs.
• Defines the scope of all survey projects, writes instructions and specifications, assigns work to subordinates or contractors, reviews, evaluates, and approves all legal plats, descriptions, and reports that require Land Surveyor certifications.
• Provides outside Agency coordination and cooperation on property boundary matters.
• Defends Forest Service interests and/or acts as an expert witness in land survey and real property rights matters in Federal Court.
• Develops and provides Forest training in spatial data acquisition, property corner and line maintenance and protection, and the use of new technologies in satellite positioning, photogrammetry, and remote sensing.
• Performs administrative and human resources management functions for the unit; provides advice, counsel or instruction on both administrative and work matters; and assures full compliance with safety regulations.
Links to USA jobs advertisements:
Entry Level Land Surveyor (GS05/7-1373)- demo; full performance levels GS-09 or GS-11
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/669557600 FPL GS-09
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/669558700 FLP GS-11
Experienced Land Surveyor: supervisory (GS11/12-1373)- merit; full performance levels GS-11 or GS-12
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/669584600 FPL (GS11)
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/669588600 FPL (GS12)
US Forest Service