Classified Ad Title:
Eugene Lynne is seeking a Project Surveyor responsible for extracting scan data in Trimble Business Center and modeling planimetrics, utilities, topography, and boundary conditions in Civil 3D or Microstation, as required. Position offered is for remote work as company is a home-based business.
Duties will include downloading and processing data, data extraction and modeling, performing quality control review of survey data, preparing design surveys, plots, drawings, and stakeout files for public projects. Role will also likely include civil engineering design.
Qualified candidate will work under the immediate supervision and direction of the Principal Surveyor to perform office tasks related to planimetrics, topography and utility modeling as well as boundaries, construction, and mapping requirements of survey projects. Required to assist with uploading/downloading data and maintaining related records. Candidate will be responsible for technical performance on small projects and/or designated tasks on large projects. Work will require application of standard surveying techniques and procedures. Candidate must be willing to perform work in the office and the field.
• Degree in Surveying, Engineering or related field required
• Land Surveyor Intern (LSI) is required, PLS preferred
• 5-10 years of office experience preferred
• Valid driver’s license required
• Knowledge and experience using Trimble office products and Trimble field equipment is required
• Excellent technical and communication skills required
• AutoCAD, Civil 3D and/or MicroStation/InRoads experience is required
Qualified candidate will primarily work on preparing Planimetric, Utility and Topographic Surveys, with Boundary Surveys, ALTA Surveys, and Construction Layout as a secondary task. Primary duties include extracting scan data from Trimble Business Center and modeling in Civil 3D or MicroStation. Secondary duties include performing deed research, deed plotting and map checks. Candidate will review and understand local and state ordinances and will help define safety protocol specific to each project. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, walk for extended periods, work in all weather conditions, and perform work on evenings/weekends, if required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage CAD generated surface models and generate accurate contours, cross sections and profile drawings for engineering design.
• Extract data from conventional and mobile scans and model in Civil 3D or MicroStation.
• Develop comprehensive design surveys related to planimetrics, utilities, topography, and boundary conditions.
• Research property ownership for deeds, plats, easements, dedications, and other documents at local County Recorder offices and online.
• Request information from title companies, highway departments, municipalities, etc. that relate to property being surveyed and adding information to CAD drawing.
• Assemble field packets for field work, check and breakdown field notes and coordinate information & questions with Principal Surveyor.
• Preparation of Construction, Subdivision, ALTA, Boundary, Topographic, and Special Surveys, Legal Descriptions and Surveying Exhibits.
• Perform field work as needed.
• Salary is negotiable based on experience (~$40-$50/hr)
• Full Benefits
o Health/Vision/Dental (100% Employer Paid for Employee)
o Short-term and Long-term Disability (100% Employer Paid for Employee)
o Simple IRA Retirement Plan (up to 3% Match)
o Tuition Reimbursement Plan
• Nine Paid Holidays
• Minimum Ten Days of PTO, Six Days of Sick Leave