Classified Ad Title:
Land Survey Technician
Engineering Service Company (ESC) is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Land Survey Technician with at least three years of practical experience and holds (or has the ability to obtain within six-months) a Survey-In-Training (SIT) from the State of Colorado.
The day-to-day technical tasks associated with this position may include, but may not be limited to, the following:
• Perform CAD (AutoCAD Civil3D) task in the preparation of all types of surveys (e.g. ATLA/NSPS Land Title Survey with Topography, Boundary Layout, Plats, Construction, etc.).
• Field data reduction and processing leading to the management of CAD generated surface models to generate accurate contours.
• Prepare Legal Descriptions and Survey Exhibits to meet client needs.
• Prepare and manage construction layout calculations for field staff.
• Perform project research and setup including Title Commitment research and review.
• Interact and communicate with project team.
• Manage and archive project files properly.
• Complete project work within deadlines.
• Learn and apply new or upgraded software.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
This is an office position, which entails typically sitting at a desk or table; occasionally lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
College degree in surveying and geomatics, or related field, is preferred.
• Holds (or has the ability to obtain within six-months) a Survey-In-Training (SIT) from the State of Colorado.
• Minimum three years of relevant experience with AutoCAD Civil3D specifically in survey projects is required.
• Ability read and understand Architectural, Structural and Engineering Site Plans.
• Familiar with Trimble surveying equipment (VRS/GPS, S5 & S7 Total Stations), level and various other surveying equipment.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. The expected salary ranges from $25.00 to $35.00 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
• Profit Sharing Program.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Short Term / Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution Participation.
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick Time, etc.).
• Manager, CAD and Design Technology
• Vice-President | Director of Survey
Engineering Service Company is a land surveying and site civil engineering design firm that’s been in business since 1954 and delivers creative and cost-effective solutions tailored to each of our client's unique needs. We provide services for commercial developments, residential subdivisions, shopping centers, office parks, entertainment and recreation centers, and a wide variety of other development projects.
What really sets us apart is how we attract the best and brightest talent and strive to create a work environment where we have an opportunity to do our best work every day, where our employees are engaged, energized and inspired. Our exceptional reputation is built upon a spirit of service and unwavering commitment to client satisfaction. Our clients are private sector leaders, looking for innovative and excellent solutions, and we meet those challenges every day. Our team is led by the best, brightest and most seasoned surveyors and engineers, powered by expertise, excellence, and innovation.
We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. So much so that this is an integral part of our “Company Goals & Mission Statement”. With success as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a small firm, this is of critical importance to the firm’s management team. With an average individual tenure of 12-years for our team, our philosophy of “providing a stable environment in which individuals are encouraged to realize their potential recognizing the underlying principle that the company grows as the individual employees grow” has proven to be true.
Join us and discover a work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can learn and grow to your full potential. Work with some of the most well-respected surveyors and engineers in the Denver Front Range, as you provide survey support on projects that impact our communities and our neighbors.
We are always looking for individuals who enjoy the entrepreneurial thrill of innovation and who enjoy working as a team to create a satisfying outcome for our customers. We hire the brightest and deliver the best to our clients. If this sounds like a challenge and an opportunity made for you, we want to hear from you!
Engineering Services Co.