Classified Ad Title:
Land Survey Crew Chief
Work consists of Land Surveying Field Work, in support of commercial/residential and similar land development design and construction, including, but not limited to:
• Construction staking and layout (site staking, utility staking, building staking, foundation staking, form checking, etc.);
• Topographic Surveying;
• ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys;
• Boundary Surveys;
• Volume Surveys;
• Perform daily downloads of data collector files;
• Prepare field notes, sketches, and photos;
• Adhere to company protocols for maintenance and upkeep of survey equipment and vehicles;
• Perform initial control, secondary control, & construction layout with field crews as necessary.
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
An equivalent combination of 4 years+ of progressive experience and/or education in performing all aspects of land surveying field work, with an emphasis on construction staking and layout;
• Knowledge of surveying principles and practices, engineering design and construction practices;
• Valid Driver’s License with verifiable clean driving record;
• Ability to work independently or chief of 2-man crew;
• Versed in the use, care and calibration of Trimble Robotic Total Station and Trimble TSC7 GPS;
• Versed in Trimble Controller software and MicroSoft Office products (specifically Xcel and Word)
DESIRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and Carlson Surveying software a plus;
• Large project survey including commercial high rise, campus style apartments, senior living, retail and infrastructure projects a plus.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. The expected hourly rate ranges from $22.50 to $30.00, depending on experience and qualifications (hourly rate may increase beyond $30.00 depending on experience, qualifications, education, registration, etcetera).
• Profit Sharing Program;
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance;
• 401(k) Retirement Plan;
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick Time, etc.).
• Field Operations Manager
• Survey Project Manager
• Vice-President | Director of Survey
Engineering Service Co.