Classified Ad Title:
Land Survey Project Manager
Engineering Service Company (ESC) is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Professional Land Surveyor Project Manager to work in our Aurora, CO office.
As a Professional Land Surveyor with ESC, you would get to use and stretch your professional and personal skills. We work on interesting projects, of all sizes, all over the Denver Front Range. We use state-of-the-art surveying equipment and technologies, and our survey team is seasoned, experienced, and committed to quality and professionalism. If this sounds like the challenge and opportunity you've been looking for, we want to hear from you!
The work will consist of Land Surveying and Project Management, in support of commercial/residential and similar land development design and construction. Our Land Survey Project Managers are responsible for planning, conducting, and directing work on one or more projects at a time, as well as preparing proposals, managing project schedules, and communicating effectively with our clients.
The day-to-day technical surveying tasks associated with this position may include, but may not be limited to, the following:
• Preparation and coordination of ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys; Land Survey Plats; Subdivision Plats; Topographic and Design Surveys; etcetera.
• Examine previous records and evidence to ensure data accuracy.
• Processing of field data from survey field team.
• Reviewing and addressing Title Commitments.
• Preparation and coordination of Legal Descriptions and Exhibits for Easements; License Agreements; etcetera.
Along with technical surveying tasks, this position may include, but may not be limited to, the following administrative tasks:
• Managing land survey projects with minimal supervision and oversight;
• Building positive relationships with clients and co-workers to ensure effective communication
• Project scoping, estimating, proposal preparation and budget tracking.
• Assisting in the management of field crews;
• Communicating and coordinating with the firm’s civil engineering team.
• Ability to work independently, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
This is an office position, which entails typically sitting at a desk or table; occasionally lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
A current Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license in the State of Colorado, or the ability to apply for reciprocity or sit for the CO PLS exam within one-year of hire date.
• An equivalent combination of 4+ years of progressive experience and/or education in performing all aspects of land surveying. A 4-year degree in surveying or a related field from an accredited institution is preferred.
• Clear understanding of survey standards and methodologies.
• Knowledge in the use of Trimble Robotic Total Station and Trimble GPS.
• Knowledge in Trimble TSC-7 Controller software.
• Proficient in the use of MicroSoft Office products (specifically Xcel and Word).
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD (CIVIL3D) software.
• Experience with aerial platforms and software a plus.
This is an exempt, full-time position. The expected salary ranges from $2,300 to $3,650 per pay period, bi-weekly ($59,800 to $94,900 annually), depending on experience and qualifications.
• Profit Sharing Program.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution Participation.
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick Time, etc.).
• Vice-President | Director of Survey
Engineering Service Company is a land surveying and site civil engineering design firm that’s been in business since 1954 and delivers creative and cost-effective solutions tailored to each of our client's unique needs. We provide services for commercial developments, residential subdivisions, shopping centers, office parks, entertainment and recreation centers, and a wide variety of other development projects.
What really sets us apart is how we attract the best and brightest talent and strive to create a work environment where we have an opportunity to do our best work every day, where our employees are engaged, energized and inspired. Our exceptional reputation is built upon a spirit of service and unwavering commitment to client satisfaction. Our clients are private sector leaders, looking for innovative and excellent solutions, and we meet those challenges every day. Our team is led by the best, brightest and most seasoned surveyors and engineers, powered by expertise, excellence, and innovation.
We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. So much so that this is an integral part of our “Company Goals & Mission Statement”. With success as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a small firm, this is of critical importance to the firm’s management team. With an average individual tenure of 12-years for our team, our philosophy of “providing a stable environment in which individuals are encouraged to realize their potential recognizing the underlying principle that the company grows as the individual employees grow” has proven to be true.
Join us and discover a work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can learn and grow to your full potential. Work with some of the most well-respected surveyors and engineers in the Denver Front Range, as you provide survey support on projects that impact our communities and our neighbors.
We are always looking for individuals who enjoy the entrepreneurial thrill of innovation and who enjoy working as a team to create a satisfying outcome for our customers. We hire the brightest and deliver the best to our clients. If this sounds like a challenge and an opportunity made for you, we want to hear from you!
Engineering Services Co.