Classified Ad Title:
PLS Party Chief (4612)
Merrick & Company is seeking career minded individuals for challenging projects including all types of land surveying related work. Projects include Boundary, ALTAs, Easement/ Right-of Way Surveys, Topographic surveys; GPS control surveys, design surveys and construction layout. Would work under the supervision of Chief of Parties (Field Survey Supervisor).
Coordinate and supervise daily field operations with 1-, 2- or 3-person field crew(s) on day to day operations, perform office work as directed.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with Trimble GPS and Total Station is strongly preferred.
• Professional Land Surveyor / Registered Land Surveyor required
• Willing to travel up to 3 to 4 weeks on a out of state assignment.
• Degree Requirements: Not required but a Associates or Technical two year degree preferred.
• Must have experience with Easement/ Right-of Way Surveys, Plats, ALTAs, boundaries, property descriptions and topos.
• Ability to do survey related research is desired.
• Must have a valid driver's license, a good driving record, and be insurable under Merrick’s insurance carrier.
• Out of state candidates can apply but those individuals will need to relocate to the Denver, CO area.
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without Sponsorship.
• Physically mobile in and around construction sites and field assignments.
• Comfortable with working in steep terrain and heights.
• Ability to carry survey instruments and equipment.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• The worker is subject to variable climate and environmental conditions including but not limited to extreme cold and heat.
• Apply online only at Merrick & Company | Careers. No e-mail, hard copy or third-party resumes accepted.
• Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) opportunity, 401(k) options, and paid time off (PTO). This position is also eligible for annual performance and spot bonuses.
• Typical wage range for this position is $36.00 - $39.00 / hour. The pay range listed in this posting indicates the position’s eligibility to work in the state of Colorado and is consistent with our offices there; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
• We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training as well as coaching and peer mentoring programs.
• Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
• We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Merrick & Co.