Classified Ad Title:
Survey Project Manager
Description: Atwell, LLC is a bold leader in the consulting, engineering, and construction services industry, delivering a broad range of creative solutions to clients in the real estate & land development, and energy markets. We have a strong national presence and a diverse, award-winning project portfolio. Atwell is a privately owned company, with 1,400+ passionate team members across 40+ locations and growing!
Responsibilities: The Associate Project Manager will meet clients’ needs and achieve project profitability. The person in this role will do that by representing Atwell in all communications with the client, communicating with Atwell management, and assembling and coordinating Atwell project teams and progress. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency regarding the essential functions of the job found below.
• Implement the project plan and assist the Project Manager to determine timeframes, budgets, staffing, and project schedule.
• Assure work product by analyzing the design, client requirements, and performance standards.
• Monitor the project status:
o Collect, analyze, and summarize information and trends.
o Intervene, as needed, to ensure project objectives.
• Develop future business:
o Assist with marketing support and presentations.
o Follow up on outstanding proposals.
o Proactively build and maintain relationships with current and future clients.
• Ensure project team performance:
o Coach, counsel, and mentor team members.
o Plan, monitor, and appraise job results.
o Communicate with team members and management.
o Coordinate recruiting for open positions as needed.
• Maintain the project file by collecting and organizing project materials.
• Ensure product quality and Atwell's reputation by following the Atwell Product Quality Manual and established standards.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge:
o Attend educational workshops.
o Review professional and market segment publications.
o Establish personal networks.
o Participate in applicable professional societies and trade associations.
• Achieve performance objectives by meeting or exceeding designated chargeability and hours worked.
• Ability to independently apply fundamental engineering, environmental, land planning, and survey concepts.
• Contribute to team effort.
• Assist the Project Manager in project/client communications:
o Compile project status updates both for internal and client use.
o Maintain web-based document management software typical for program clients, such as Expesite, Buzzsaw, etc.
• Assist the Project Manager with Vision organization:
o Opportunity and proposal input.
o Contract amendments.
• Assist in project control:
o Adhere to project parameters.
o Recommend changes in design, specifications, budget, and schedule consistent with project objectives.
• Assist in organizing the project team:
o Work with Project Manager to assemble and direct team members.
o Work with Project Manager to assign responsibilities.
o Recommend sub-consultants.
• Assist Project Manager in achieving financial objectives:
o Maintain project budget and schedule.
o Approve expenditures.
o Analyze variances (e.g., scope creep).
o Negotiate changes in scope/contract.
o Invoice and collect payment.
o Initiate corrective actions.
o Report results to management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental, Land Planning, Land Surveying, or equivalent.
• Professional License (PE, RLA, AICP, CPG, PS) desired.
• Three (3) years of experience in civil engineering, environmental, land planning, survey, or related field.
• Experience in dealing with private land development deadlines and expectations.
• Experience designing residential and commercial land development projects with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Experience with hydrology reports.
• Experience managing and mentoring other employees.
Atwell Benefits: To attract and retain the best professionals in the industry, we aim to provide an excellent working environment and a progressive benefits program designed to support your personal and professional needs.
Generous Paid Time Off
Paid Parental & Maternal Leave
Flexible Work Schedules, including Remote Work and Hybrid Working Arrangements, are available for some positions.
Tenure Awards — Travel Vouchers to see the world based upon your travel preferences.
Competitive Compensation packages
Annual bonuses, spot bonuses and peer recognition awards
401k plan matching formula is 50% of your contributions up to 6%
Student Loan Repayment up to 25K
Paid Licensing / Certification Fees and Renewals
Financial Rewards for Obtaining Licensure
Employee Referrals up to $5,000
Annual Wellness Reimbursement up to $500 for Gym Memberships, build your home gym or set up home ergonomic office
Medical (BC/BS), dental (Delta), and vision (VSP)
Health Savings Account & Flex Spending Account options
Employer paid LTD, STD, and life insurance.
Metlife Supplemental Benefits covering accident, hospitalization, and critical illness.
Member Assistance Program (MAP) with complimentary counseling sessions, legal benefits, financial consultations, and work/life referral services