Classified Ad Title:
Survey Geospatial Field Technician
DENVER, CO DIVISION Engineering POSITION TYPE Full-time REGULAR/ TEMPORARY Regular Please only apply via the Denver Water Career Page here: https://www.denverwater.org/careers. Posting Close Date Feb 6, 2024 Pay Range Hiring Range: $30.57 - $37.37 hourly Salary/Hourly Hourly Job Description Position Summary Under direct supervision, provides operational and technical assistance in the field for multifunctional geospatial services in support of civil engineering design, construction management, property management, and Denver Water infrastructure management. Properly set up and orient survey equipment including digital and optical levels, GNSS/GPS base stations and RTK rovers, robotic and optical total stations, 3D laser scanners and data controllers. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Operate and maintain geospatial data collection instrumentation including GNSS receivers, Total Stations, Differential Levels, LiDAR scanners and Bathymetry systems in performing topographic, property and other surveys.
• Perform geospatial mapping for planning and engineering design.
• Perform the process of taking measurements and the establishment of lines, grades, boundaries, and horizontal/ vertical control points.
• Operate geospatial reduction and mapping software including, Autodesk suite of software, Trimble suite of software, ESRI suite of software and Hypack suite of software.
• Manage data and reporting software including, Microsoft Office suite, ESRI suite of software and Denver Water connected applications.
• Research and analyze real estate records, engineering documents and utility asset mapping.
• Actively participate in the implementation of safety measures and risk mitigation.
• Operation and care of Survey Fleet Vehicles.
• Availability to work in remote locations for extended periods of time.
• Perform related work as required.
Position Requirements Minimum Requirements Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
• Any equivalent combination of certifications, education, or experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities for the position. Licenses, Registration, and Certifications
• Must be able to possess and maintain a valid Class ‘R’ Colorado driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
About Denver Water Denver Water is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number is received. Denver Water reserves the right to either close or extend a posting. Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.5 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets, and natural environment entrusted to us to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service. Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, 401K Plan with a 3% match, 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and Paid Time Off. A background check will be conducted to verify the information submitted on the application. Please be sure that all information on the application is correct and complete, do not say ""see resume"". If the application is not fully completed, we (Denver Water), will not accept your application. We are committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited on all Denver Water property. An offer of employment may be contingent upon satisfactory results of a post-offer drug test and alcohol. Denver Water tests for the following: amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana (THC), opiates, and phencyclidine (PCP). A strength test may also be conducted due to the physical requirements of the position. If the position is deemed safety-sensitive or requires a CDL you will be placed on the random drug and alcohol testing list which means you may be tested if your name is selected while employed at Denver Water. Denver Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, People of Color, veterans, and people with disabilities. Anthony Harper 1600 W. 12th Ave. Denver, CO. 80204-3412 firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/